Kingswood was commissioned to participate in an expansive Restoration / Renovation of the entire building.
- Replicated upper floor windows and doors, upgrading glazing, weatherstrip and hardware.
- Predominant window is a French inswing casement with an embedded outswing wicket sash. Original glazing was true-divided Lead caming with mitred corners and intersections, seated with an ornate, Lead bolection mould.
- The existing frames and transoms underwent a typical restoration, stripping, Dutchman repair, sanding, refinishing. The existing sash were beyond repair and discarded. We fabricated new mahogany sash, matching the existing in design and aesthetics, incorporating upgraded weather-stripping and hardware.
- For the glazing, we replicated the existing lead caming and bolection mould, and upgraded the glass to Laminated Low E for improved thermal efficiency and sound reduction.
- Address: 1 East 91st , Manhattan
- Architect: J. Armstrong Stenhouse
- Restoration Architect: Easton Architects
- Current owner: Convent of the Sacred Heart, Upper and Middle School
- Designated New York City Landmark
- Listed on National Register of Historic Buildings
- 2010 Recipient Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award
“In its grand scale, distinguished design and superb construction, the Otto Kahn House is the finest Italian Renaissance style mansion in New York.” – The Landmarks Commission
- Single double and triple hung windows – balanced with mechanical balances or weights and chains
- Inswing and outswing casements – fitted with roto or multipoint hardware
- Pivot windows – vertical or horizontal, fitted with multipoint hardware
- Circles and ovals – fixed or operating
- Monumental windows
- Awning and hopper windows – fitted with roto or multipoint hardware
- French doors with multipoint hardware
- Motorized operation
- Lift/Sliding doors
- Entry doors
- Historic storefronts
- Custom fencing and gates
- Custom lineal trim